We are expanding our Lux Events team and are looking for amazing, passionate people to join us!
Position: Event Day Assistant
In the Spring of each year, Lux Events looks to bring on board talented, enthusiastic, sophisticated individuals that are looking to work with us in helping to bring our clients’ vision to life, while gaining industry experience. The position of Event Day Assistant (EDA) is part-time casual and offers you a great opportunity to see how an event day is carried out whether it be a wedding or corporate event.
- Must have knowledge of the event industry
- Reliable transportation to and from the event
- Must be able to work weekends and after business hours
- Availability to work long hours (anywhere from 3-12 hours long and often late into the night)
Duties that the EDA is responsible for:
- Assisting with and overseeing the correct setup of a wedding or corporate event
- Being available to the client to professionally answer questions or direct them to the correct person
- Assisting vendors with their set up by being close at hand to answer any questions they may have
- Overseeing and assisting with set up and tear down of decor items (linens, chair covers, moving tables and chairs, table decor, etc.)
Qualities we are looking for in an EDA:
- Self motivated and responsible
- Expert at troubleshooting and thinking quick on your feet
- Strong ability to take direction
- High energy, resourceful, strong, & not afraid to “get your hands dirty”
- Ability to operate independently and in a team setting
- Ability to focus and work proactively
- Ability to work in a high-stress setting, under pressure and with time constraints
- Ability to represent Lux Events and our clients with integrity, authority, confidence and style
- Physically able to work on your feet for many hours at a time
- Professional appearance; proper grooming, well dressed, chic hair, make-up, etc.
- Eye for detail with setting a table and decor placement
- Detail oriented and can multi-task
How to apply:
Only qualified candidates will be contacted. Please email your cover letter and resume with at least 2 references to email@example.com.
We will be accepting resumes through April 4th, 2016. No phone calls, please!